Director - Global Talent & Leadership Institute (closed)
Global Talent & Leadership Institute –Director
CARA’s global client, located in Oak Brook IL, is looking to fill a permanent position, for a Director of the Global Leadership Institute. Under limited direction, the Director of the Global Leadership Institute is responsible to drive strategies and tactics through designing, managing and implementing global, multi-mode leadership development initiatives aligned with the ever-changing requirements of the business. This role oversees the alignment and integration of leadership development initiatives to ensure the client’s Leadership Institute is providing a robust set of development opportunities for all director and officer-level (and equivalent in international markets) employees world-wide. This position reports to the Senior Director, Leadership Institute and will manage multiple external consultants and vendor partners. This leader will manage internal employees and work with multiple peers to accomplish results.
- Leads the design and implementation of Institute global leadership development initiatives ensuring they are aligned with and integrated to support talent management and the client’s Leadership Capabilities. These initiatives include :
- Director and officer-level program design, delivery and execution
- High-potential acceleration programs
- “New to position” transition programs and processes for directors and officers
- Action learning methodology with multiple learning technologies.
- Sourcing and provision of in person and online learning and development resources
- Programs using web based and distance learning technology
- Project management for Institute programs to ensure cutting edge development programs are designed, maintained and delivered on time, within budget and meet all quality standards. Manages budget for assigned areas of responsibility
- Fosters alignment of curriculum and leadership development frameworks to ensure the building of the pipeline of future leaders
- Understands the principles and usage of learning metrics to assess impact. Evaluates results and identified impact achieved from learning and development solutions implemented. Directs the establishment of the Leadership Institute metrics and scorecard
- Ensures alignment between curriculum needs and existing and future technology capabilities
- Provides design, adult learning, and transfer of training expertise in support of global initiatives by partnering with key business leaders on the strategic needs assessment, design, development, deployment and measurement of global training solutions
- Develops learning solutions and manages their successful implementation
- Identifies and implements new learning technologies
- Identifies and manages high impact learning suppliers
- Works collaboratively with other client’s learning functions
Minimum Requirements & Experience:
- BA required
- Masters in Organizational Development, Leadership, Adult learning, I/O Psychology or related field strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in roles responsible for organizational development, leadership and people development, and design of people capability tools and processes
- Experience in the integration of leadership development and talent management strongly preferred
- Experience working with many countries and cultures. Understands the needs and challenges of global leaders.
- Strong technical knowledge in areas of adult learning, leadership and executive development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Communication, Organization Development, Instructional Design and/or Human Resources Development
- Experience working in large, multi-national corporations; with global retail, service and/or multi-outlet industries preferred
- Strong experience in developing learning solutions, and managing their successful implementation
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects using standard project management practices and tools
- Knowledge and experience with all types of learning delivery methods (classroom, one-on-one, online courses, webinars, e-learning)
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and consulting skills. Ability to assess needs, influence, collaborate, deliver and partner at the most senior levels in the organization
- Strong experience in facilitating senior leadership engagements
- Proven leader with the ability to build manage and engage high performing teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy with a strong work ethic
- Ability to create clarity and direction in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to set direction, develop and lead learning and development strategies that are aligned with business strategy
CARA is a consulting firm specializing in custom learning, performance and change management solutions for Fortune 1000 organizations; our culture is one of partnering. We work closely with clients to understand their needs, develop the appropriate solutions, and then bring the most qualified consultants to help clients achieve their goals. We take great care in learning about your interests, background, and skills. By establishing the right match, we place you where you can succeed and rapidly provide the value and support clients need. Visit us at www.caracorp.com.
Candidates can submit their resumes to Jeff Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org