Senior Staff Accountant (closed)
The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for maintaining accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency while maintaining appropriate internal controls and compliance with US GAAP.
Essential duties and responsibilities are the month-end close process, monthly, quarterly and annual closing of the financial books, maintaining the integrity and accuracy of certain GL accounts of expected balances and reviewing reconciliations prepared by other staff members for accuracy. The Senior Staff Accountant will assist in developing various accounting policies and procedures to ensure a solid corporate foundation.
- Assist in preparing financial statements; monthly, quarterly, and yearly.
- Analyzing and explaining period vs. period and actual vs. budget variance
- Maintaining monthly close binder for SOX purposes.
- Help streamline processes and assist in identifying, recommending, and implementing improved accounting reporting
- Assist in preparation of auditing schedules and support
- Help analyze annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Compile operations financial data to provide assistance in strategic decisions
The position operates in fast paced, diverse, and hands on environment. As the company continues to grow the Senior Staff Accountant needs to be able to adapt quickly and meet the changing needs that will arise.
- Public Accounting audit experience is preferred
- Private and public accounting experience is preferred
- CPA is preferred
- BS/BA in Accounting
All interested candidates please forward resume to Mary@BayShoreStaffing.com
Massachusetts Residents Only Please!!!