C# Developer / WPF Developer
Elite Applications Support / DBA
Are you a C# / WPF Developer looking to progress your career and build on your skill set? Then look no further as my client is in need of 3 Senior C# Developers based in Surrey.
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- Solid experience of .Net framework areas such as Reflection, Generics, Threading.
- Solid experience using C# and VB.NET, COM, Active X, Windows Forms, VS (from 2005), .Net 3 or above, TFS, Windows Server 2008.
- Experience of designing and building high availability, resilient solutions.
- Experience of software product process and practice.
- Experience in Agile methods and delivery.
- Proven experience with MS SQL Server 2008 including database design and stored procedures.
- Proven experience working with WCF.
- Experienced at working on Enterprise distributed systems – clusters, HA/DR.
- Ability to work effectively under strict time constraints and customer deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work in a fast moving environment and pragmatic approach to changing priorities.
- Object oriented design and implementation.
- TCP/IP and networking skills.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Excellent understanding of modelling concepts such as UML and object oriented design and development.
Desired experience and skills:
- Experience in the Security industry
- Knowledge and experience of security hardware – DVRs, Cameras, Access control etc
- Adhere to all my clients policies and procedures.
- Promote and encourage professional software development practices.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other members of the development team, and support and encourage an open and innovative culture whilst maintaining a strong focus on delivery and functionality.
- Provide technical excellence, leadership and experience to the development and testing team for all my clients software (currently IPSecurityCenter™ and Device Driver Kit)
- Development & coding best practices
- Patterns and practices for Enterprise software solutions
- Continuous integration
- Upgrade process/Installer software
- Configuration management
- Agile development methods
- Unit testing
- Analysis and interpretation of requirements.
- Writing and coding programmes in line with technical specifications.
- Investigate, analyse and document reported defects.
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects.
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Perform SDK investigations and 3rd party component investigations where appropriate.
- Provide technical & product guidance to other non-senior members of the development team.
- Always ensure that the solutions you develop have the following in mind:
It is backwards compatible
No functionality is lost
It is resilient
It is stable
It is secure
It is fit for purpose
It is usable
It meets the customer/user requirements
- Ensure that all solutions within the product have the end customer in mind and ease of use for delivery.
- Be responsible for providing estimates for work to be done within the backlog.
- Ensuring that we constantly strive to achieve the best that we can and where there are improvements to be made, they should be raised as early as possible in the development process.
- Working with the Testing Team at design time in order to achieve the best possible design of features and enhancements.
- Working with the Testing Team during development time to ensure that issues can be raised as early as possible.
- Work as part of a Virtual Project Team to ensure the design, build, integrate, test and QA phases are completed in accordance with the project plan.
- Provide accurate estimates for feature development, bug fixes, driver development and other tasks as part of the Sprint planning process.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the reliability, innovation and solution roadmap.
- Work as part of a pairing combination within the development to assist others complete their tasks.
- Ensure that features are reviewed at timely intervals with the Virtual Project Team.
- Participate in customer briefings when requested.
Keywords: c#. asp.net, asp.net mvc, developer, development, wcf, wpf, vb.net, Winforms, woking, surrey, Guildford
£45-50k basic + bens + Bonus