IP ARCHITECT - TELECOM (closed)
Several locations available for this opportunity: Akron, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, Seattle, WA
Manager is located in Westford, MA
Duration: 12 months+
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES IP ARCHITECT
Key Job Responsibilities:
Description Professional Services IP Architect role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities from network strategy, design and engineering, implementation and migration planning, service design and proof of concept, implementation, testing, optimization services, customer training and advice and on-site support. The work is frequently on-site with customers during critical project phases.
Professional Services IP Architect will be required to work in a consultative manner with customers, solutions and marketing groups and systems engineering to scope and deliver professional service projects, which includes following responsibilities:
•Develop network architecture and services designs with the best architecture available to support our customer's services.
• Produce network implementation and migration plans.
• Configure equipment and services.
• Test and Support networks in various stages of deployment.
• Audit and assess network against customer service requirements and best practices.
• Formulate network management strategies.
• Produce and review technical statement of work documentation.
• Provide appropriate training material and delivery of the training.
• Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability and security.
• Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
• Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
• Work closely with customers to conduct network readiness and customer readiness tests.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical and management teams.
Four year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
SRA desirable or Cisco Certification (CCIE) and/or Juniper Certification (JNCIP/JNCIE), or equivalent experience preferred.
• 5 - 10 years relevant work experience with a telecommunications equipment vendor or service provider.
• Expert Level Knowledge in IP routing protocols such as IS-IS, OSPF, BGP and RIP and of signaling protocols such as MPLS/RSVP-TE, and LDP.
• Extensive knowledge of VLL, VPLS and VPRN services.
• Experience in Network Management (SAM 5620), Operation Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS) is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
Controlled Product: YN
Product Description: 7450 , 7750, 7705, 7210 and 5620 SAM
***The manger expressed his need for someone who has experience with ALU routing gear.