Reporting to the Expediting Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning and performing expediting activities to ensure the timely delivery of documentation, materials and equipment to meet the Project requirements. This position will require exercising independent judgment in performing assigned tasks and reports status of equipment and material deliveries to the Project through the reporting media.
- Contacts supplier to obtain timely submission of engineering data, and to follow-up on equipment and material acquisition, production progress and shipment(s).
- Coordinates with the Engineering & Engineering Contractor for the timely review/approval and return of engineering data submitted by suppliers. Report Vendor Document Submission status by Purchase order.
- Evaluates production schedules and progress reports from suppliers to determine if supplier’s programs and work progress meet jobsite requirements, and if not, initiates corrective action with supervisory guidance. This include Perform suppliers’ shop visit as per Project requirements.
- Coordinate shipments, and monitoring delivery schedules and shipment processes.
- Support Expediting Lead in participating in bid clarification and post award (kick-off) meeting to review and discuss schedules and potential problem areas that may impact required delivery dates.
- Review, corroborate and approve supplier invoices for equipment/material deliveries against Purchase Order requirements, as to quantity and quality.
- Reviews material receiving reports against shipping documents to verify that all equipment and material has been received at jobsite, in accordance with the Purchase Order. Facilitates and/or assists in the resolve of any equipment and material deficiencies at point of receipt, through the OS&D and NCR reports generated by the Jobsite Receiving/Material Coordinator.
- Provided guidance to other levels of assigned personnel and ensure that they follow department procedures. Check the work of other expediting personnel. Assume supervisor’s responsibilities and duties when assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Post Secondary Education, and ideally has completed their EMA Training Program.
- 5-8 years related experience within the oil and gas sector on major projects preferably with SAGD operations. Proficiency and experience with Vendor Management Practices, shop fabrication techniques and work processes in different commodities (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping, Structural).
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately. Proven pro-active work style and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Materials Management software, such as: SPM, SAP, Convero, BPS etc. will be an asset.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE CANADIAN CITIZENS OR ALREADY LEGALLY ABLE TO WORK IN CANADA.