Southeast Regional Account Mgr - Food Ingredients (closed)
POSITION: Southeast Regional Account Manager (with food ingredient mfr)
Territory will cover:
NC, SC, GA, VA, FL, AL, MS, TN, WV
SUMMARY: The Regional Account Manager is accountable for meeting the targeted sales growth goals for assigned accounts. This position is also responsible for the overall coordination, the functional management and leadership of all of the sales activities for assigned accounts and/or regions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Is accountable for meeting targeted sales growth goals for assigned accounts. Meets targeted goals for new business growth. New accounts may be added upon approval.
- Maintains an opportunity pipeline within CRM software (Salesforce) for new growth within assigned accounts and/or region.
Activities to include, but not limited to:
- Effectively opens, develops and closes opportunities within the pipeline with attention to valued-added and solution-based selling
- Provides management with accurate opportunity and territory forecast based on pipeline and market analysis in a timely manner
- Executes an effective sales strategy at key accounts to include, but not limited to, conducting:
- Annual business reviews
- Technical presentations
- Effective customer negotiations
- Coordinates all customer needs for assigned accounts with the rest of Company organization including such areas as marketing, technical, and customer complaints.
- Supports Strategic Account Managers for assigned accounts as needed.
- Maintain the CRM (Salesforce) database and corresponding activities.
- Stays abreast of current trends, market conditions, and technological advances through continued education; maintains ongoing technical learning as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow all company safety rules in performing job duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), preferably in Food Science, and 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in technical service with a recognized ingredient company, as well as major account responsibility, is desired.
Please send your resume to Bob Lyman of People-Capital @ firstname.lastname@example.org.