Gas, Power and CO2 Financial Controller (closed)
We are a leading Global Commodities Trading Business based in Geneva, Switzerland. Due to expansion of our trading operation we are looking for a Financial Controller who is able to start from scratch and to build a strong financial reporting and P&L reconciliation of the gas, power and Emission desk.
Role of the business controller is to be the interface between business and Finance/Accounting. Reporting to Head of Group Trading controlling and reporting the business controller will be in charge of:
- Reporting and reconciliation of the desk P&L.
- Supporting Middle officers and assure of Trading P&L compliance.
- Trading System / SAP Reconciliation and process improvements.
- Preparation of the closing entries (accruals, mtm, inventories, futures, swaps…).
- Trading Reporting by type (physicals, futures, swaps…).
- Controlling Function: Gross Margin by products, desk, region, company.
- Reconciliation with monthly reporting, action plans to minimize differences.
- Weekly open items scanning, actions plans to close old costs.
- Ad hoc Analyses.
- Implementation of the Open link system.
- Financials Statements Review and approval with Local team (MGM SCOPE).
- 5-10 years of experience (at least 3 years of working experience in commodities trading, Finance, controlling or Trading accounting).
- Master Degree in Finance.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong analytical, accounting oriented, Trading Business understanding, system knowledge.
- Proactive attitude, self-starter, takes initiatives.
- Intellectual curiosity, who wants to understand, asks questions, challenges people and explanations.
- Good communicator to keep information flow smooth and a good team leader to keep productivity and efficiency.
- Straight in the way of analyzing figures, of presenting in an understanding format within a defended timeline.
- Strong Accounting knowledge.
- Excellent Excel user (VBA).