Systems Safety Engineer (closed)
Title: Systems Safety Engineer
Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL
Duration: 6-12 months plus contract
Responsible for System Safety and Product Safety Certification for FAA airworthiness standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Function as the System Safety expert for minor and major development and certification programs.
- · Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments and estimates for proposals.
- · Interact effectively with management, peers, customers, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate tasks and generate and present reports regarding technical activities and progress.
- · Provides technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- · Participate in the preparation of highly complex and significant proposals.
- · Follow site and company policies and practices
- · BS degree in Product or Systems Safety Engineering; Masters a plus
- · Minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- · Experience in performing system safety analysis for critical electronically controlled aircraft systems in accordance with SAE ARP4761 to show compliance with FAA airworthiness regulation 25.1309
- · Experience in performing Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) using CAFTA software, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Common Cause Analysis (CCA), and generate a System Safety Assessment (SSA) to substantiate system design.
- · Must have an example of an SSA that has been approved by the FAA or other airworthiness authority showing compliance to FAR 25.1309.
- · Rational DOORS familiarity and requirements management knowledge and techniques
- · Proficiency with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Power-Point, Visio, and Project)
- · 10+ years experience on commercial and/or military systems development
- · Ability to travel on a limited basis
- · Team oriented and easy to work with
- · Highly motivated with the drive to get work done on schedule and under budget
Additional Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- · Experience as a System Safety FAA DER considered a major plus.
- · Experience with Product Development in accordance with SAE ARP 4754 is highly desirable
- · Experience with MIL-STD-882 is desirable
- · Experience with draft ARAC version of FAR 25.1309 and associated draft AC/AMJ 25.1309 a plus.
- · Experience in Reliability and Maintainability Engineering desirable.