Senior Corporate Paralegal (closed)
The global law firm K&L Gates LLP seeks a Senior Corporate Paralegal for its Seattle office. This position will be responsible for supporting attorneys in our growing Corporate and Transactional practice group.
- Preparing and filing articles, certificates, organizational documents, agreements, resolutions and applications related to a variety of transactions related to incorporation/formation of corporations, partnerships, companies and mergers and acquisitions
- Preparing and filing various federal and state forms including applications for licenses to operate specific Business/Corporate (e.g., liquor, vehicles) and applications for exemption for charitable organizations
- Facilitate ongoing corporate matters including preparing resolutions and minutes of directors’ and shareholders’ meetings, and other miscellaneous corporate documents and functioning as stock transfer agent in transferring stock of a corporation and maintaining list of stockholders.
- Submitting filings under federal securities and state blue sky laws including drafting and filing Form D with the SEC and drafting and filing other documents required for selling securities in a particular state. Also, researching and preparing blue sky memorandum.
- Administer liquidations, dissolutions and withdrawals, including preparing resolutions of liquidations or dissolution; preparing and filing articles of dissolution or other required state forms to effect dissolution; preparing and filing state and federal tax liquidation or dissolution or withdrawal forms; and preparing documents in connection with the distribution of corporate assets.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of eight years of corporate paralegal experience working in a corporate legal department or law firm/professional services environment
- A corporate paralegal will possess at least one of the following:
- A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association;
- A degree from a postsecondary institution with a minimum of 24 units in law-related courses accredited by a national or regional accrediting organization as required by State law;
- Completion of a four year college degree plus a minimum of one year of law-related experience under the supervision of a licensed ; or
- A high school diploma plus a minimum of three years of law-related experience under the supervision of a licensed lawyer.
- Knowledge/expertise in incorporation and/or formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, foreign qualification application filing and applicable resolutions, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and Corporate Focus
- A highly professional demeanor and demonstrated work ethic including the willingness to take on extra tasks and responsibilities (including overtime) in order to meet client/firm needs
- Comfort in both leadership and subordinate roles and flexibility in both structured and ambiguous situations
- Resourcefulness and appropriate decision making. Examples include: Working cost-effectively; using the appropriate resources, including online tools and websites; knowing when to inform a supervisor of a situation; and understanding the boundaries of the practice of law.
- The ability to express and articulate him/herself clearly, including use of proper grammar and appropriate vocabulary, as well as the ability to describe a set of facts or information in an organized, precise, clear and unambiguous fashion.
We seek exceptional employees who want to become a part of our practice on all levels, to help us expand, challenge our limits, and push us to grow into the future. If you are motivated by job challenges and personal growth, then K&L Gates could be the right place for you.
To apply, visit http://tinyurl.com/coqktn8. Please include a cover letter, salary requirements and an advertisement source in your application.
No phone calls, walk-ins, or agencies, please.