Linux Systems Administrator (closed)
This position is with a not for profit institution in Princeton, NJ.
A talented Linux system administrator, with a background in programming, is sought to provide support for a number of Linux desktops and servers, as well as a 64-node Beowulf cluster.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Administer Linux-based servers, including operating system installation/updates, diagnosis/resolution of hardware problems, installation/upgrade of user software base.
· Administer High-Performance Computing resources, including 64-node Beowulf cluster. Ensure smooth operation of cluster job queuing software.
· Programming projects related to process automation and system administration.
· Support school users in resolving IT problems, including problems related to code compilation.
· Create and update both user documentation and system documentation.
· Other duties as requested by supervisor.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor?s degree in a related field or relevant work experience required.
· Experience with administering RedHat Linux essential. RedHat certification is strongly preferred.
· Strong programming background, including a foundation in C programming essential. Perl, PHP, Python and Ruby knowledge is a plus.
· Previous experience with Beowulf clustering is strongly preferred. Knowledge of Sun Grid Engine a plus.
· Experience building software and working with Makefiles, as well as knowledge of RPM building are essential. Experience compiling 64-bit code, familiarity with Puppet, as well as knowledge of Subversion and/or Git preferred.
· Excellent communication (verbal and written), problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills required.