Senior Litigation Support Coordinator (IP) (closed)
The Senior Litigation Support Coordinator participates as a team member and leader and assists attorneys and paralegals with litigation matters by playing a significant role in the work required to support the firm’s clients. This hands-on position provides advanced technology support and training for all stages of the litigation process, including e-discovery and trial project management. Availability for overtime and flexibility for travel are required.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Work with case teams to assess and support technology needs throughout all stages of the litigation process. Responsible for the advanced technical and project management aspects of discovery and trial support.
- Ability to work professionally in a consultative and collaborative manner both internally and externally with clients on all levels. Communicate with case teams and vendors to prepare project design and coding manuals. Act as the main contact for services issues with electronic data collection, processing and hosting vendors.
- Coordinate and assist with litigation support software installations and upgrades, analyze and troubleshoot application issues, and management of portal litigation applications.
- Determine training objectives and conduct training sessions to support best practices, as well as present alternate solutions. Monitor latest industry trends and maintain interest in professional development including participation in in-house training opportunities as well as attendance at professional seminar relating to litigation support.
- Consult with and provide trial support services to case teams, including coordination of onsite and courtroom technology, on-site support and trial presentation services. Coordinate and prepare presentation database and equipment for use at trial.
- Identify and assist with e-discovery process, including processing of ESI, managing and quality assurance of exported material for external delivery.
- Management of case databases, including data import, processing, and updates, ensuring database integrity, stability and compliance. Manage client data from intake process through end of matter, including document retention and archival procedures.
- Facilitate development of project objectives, scope and work plans in conjunction with case teams and other members of Litigation Support team.
- Assist in developing litigation support budget, monitoring license renewals and policy compliance.
- Assist with firm and department projects as needed and perform other work-related duties as assigned by the Litigation Paralegal Manager.
- With Director of IT and Practice Groups ensure the litigation practice is using appropriate, innovative and cost effective technologies.
- Meet and consult with IT Department management on a regular basis to assess and plan for future needs of Litigation Support Department.
- Supervise use of litigation support application with other team and staff members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Studies or Information Systems or a related field plus minimum five (5) years of law firm litigation support experience or equivalent experience.
- Must possess excellent leadership, organizational, oral and written communication skills, advanced knowledge of litigation applications and discovery processes and technologies, including e-discovery.
- Superior attention to detail, problem solving capabilities and multitasking skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
- Strong knowledge of litigation support applications such as Concordance, Law LiveNote, CaseMap, Sanction, ASPs or other automated discovery tools.
- Advanced understanding of the entire litigation support process and substantial document control and case management knowledge, experience working with vendors on pricing proposals and project management.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
Solid project management skills, including ability to adequately manage assigned projects within time and budget constraints