#22065 Manager, Electrical Engineering - Offshore (closed)
Manager, Electrical Engineering - Offshore
GATS Job #: 22065 Department: Electrical Engineering
Classification: Exempt Reports To: XXXXXX
Date Posted: 05.07.12 Location: Houston, TX – Houston Energy Center II
WorleyParsons is currently looking to hire an experienced Manager, Electrical Engineering - Offshore with supervisory experience to be located in Houston, TX at our Houston Energy Center II location. Offshore Topside Power Generation experience needed. Hebron Project.
The Electrical Offshore Engineering Manager will work with and direct the work effort of Designers who will perform the CAD and 3D model work for updates to existing Client drawings and new drawings as needed. The Engineer will be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of Electrical design project execution for a large offshore project.
- Manage a team of Engineers and Designers to develop detailed Electrical design for offshore platform with self generated power.
- Manage Electrical PDMS modeling design team.
- Develop work processes to streamline design development of Electrical deliverables.
- Maintain and track schedule of work and plan resource loading to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate and solve interface issues with other disciplines.
- Provide technical expertise for the development of the overall Electrical system design.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering. Minimum 15 years experience in field with at least 10 years supervisory and/or management experience.
- Professional registration a plus, Canadian professional registration a big plus.
- Ability to manage work directly or indirectly through sub supervisors.
- Demonstrated experience leading large design teams consisting of at least 40 engineers and designers.
- Prior experience developing electrical system design for large offshore platform power generation and distribution system.
- Experienced with electrical studies utilizing ETAP (Load Flow, Arc Flash, Transient Stability, Harmonic Analysis and Relay Coordination).
- Prior experience designing to IEC codes.
- Prior experience managing 3D PDMS design scope.
- Experience utilizing Smart Plant Electrical in Electrical design is a plus.
General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include:
Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
WorleyParsons is a leading global provider of technical, project and operational support services to our customers. Our comprehensive network enables us to provide local support to our customers backed by global expertise across the Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, and Infrastructure & Environment industries. WorleyParsons’ global footprint continues to expand with a total workforce of approximately 37,800 people operating from more than 148 offices in 48 countries. We were ranked #1 International Design firm by Engineering News-Record (ENR) in 2011!
WorleyParsons US Operationsprovide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services across our 24 US offices with outstanding health, safety and environmental performance. To deliver these services, WorleyParsons functions as the sole supplier, member of a joint venture, a subcontractor, or a local contractor. We also operate within formalized alliances, partnerships, and consortiums. Our US Operations include global centers of engineering expertise in refining, sulphur technology, arctic developments, topsides, subsea systems, deepwater facilities, nuclear power, and renewable energy. These hubs support domestic customers as well as the execution of mega-projects for international customers in Brazil, China, Russia, West Africa and Saudi Arabia, among others.
APPLY TODAY TO JOIN OUR UNIQUE AND IMPRESSIVE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS!
WorleyParsons Group is an equal opportunity employer.