Desktop Support Lead (closed)
Desktop Support Lead
SUMMARY: Responsible for effectively and efficiently maintaining the hardware, software, and internal systems that support daily operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· You will be a working Lead / Supervisor, so relevant and recent technical experience is a must.
· Supervises Desktop Support team and manages work schedule.
o Maintains a sense of urgency, sets goals, develops and executes plans.
o Reviews results to ensure accomplishment of goals for improvement.
o Monitors trends in performance and processes in search of efficiency opportunities.
o Generates reports from ticketing system and auction processes to demonstrate performance and determine objectives.
· Answers all escalated inquiries with a superior level of customer service.
· Facilitates proper support to end users throughout company.
· Provides adequate training, while maintaining and improving quality support level.
· Manages and tracks loaner systems, computer assets, peripheral equipment, software, and licensing when necessary.
· Evaluates the performance of software, hardware, and systems consistently and communicates any issues or suggestions to supervisor.
· Provides detailed documentation of all processes and procedures within the department.
· Manages checks and balances system to verify documentation and processes are followed.
· Communicates issues or solutions clearly in writing or verbally to team and superior.
· Communicates key issues, tasks, and resources periodically to confirm direction, approach, and current work meets company and superior's expectations.
· Provides technical and help desk support to employees via email, telephone, and in person.
· Maintains personal computers, user administration, and related systems.
· Performs troubleshooting and diagnostic routines to identify problems relating to hardware, software and network communications including software patches.
· Strives to improve department productivity, team work efforts, effectiveness, and efficiency by exercising continuous improvements.
· Ensures corporate goals and policies are considered and met when completing objectives or processing requests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree in business or IT, appreciated
Minimum 2+ years of supervisory experience
Minimum 5+ years in computer field with hardware and application experience, preferred
Strong proficiency in Word, Excel and other commonly used office software programs is required.
Strong knowledge and hands on experience supporting and repairing the following are highly preferred: Windows & Mac Operating Systems, PC Hardware (HP and Dell), Network Infrastructure including routers and switches, and anti-virus systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Individual must have excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, planning and scheduling skills, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, the ability to dynamically manage and change priorities, unparalleled documentation skills, and patience. In addition, the candidate should be heavily process driven, have the desire to learn new information, and be able to successfully train a team.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Individual must be able to work independently in a dynamic and fast paced team environment. This role is expected and required to travel approximately 4 weeks per year. To meet business demands, after hours and weekend work handling escalations is expected and required.
· Self-motivation, intelligence, and strong work ethic.
· Willingness to learn.
· Ability to follow set standards and take direction.
· Ability to analyze and propose solutions to problems.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-project, and dynamic environment.
· Absolute drive to complete projects on time and in a detailed manner.
· Excellent organizational skills: accurate and thorough.
· Excellent communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal.