Senior Clinical Analyst (closed)
Sr. Clinical Analyst, Ambulatory EHR Deployment and Support Team
Under the direction of the Ambulatory Informatics IT Manager, this individual serves as a member of the deployment and support team. This individual is a subject matter expert in the implementation of the Ambulatory EHR and in providing consultation and assistance to users of the system. This individual is also responsible for analyzing user requirements, configuring the system, testing applications, training users, writing user documentation and resolving user issues.
- Preferred graduate of an accredited school of Nursing or Allied Health Services. Master’s degree preferred.
- Requires 5 - 7 years of experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and or experience with Ambulatory clinical / administrative systems, specifically, LSS (APR/EAR, AOM/RXM, PCM/PWM/PD, PBR, MPM and SCH.), and/or other ambulatory systems.
- Requires a background in one or more of the following areas: Nursing, Clinical, Ancillary Departments, Hospital Management, to provide for a successful link between Management Information Systems and the Patient Care providers.
- Requires Ambulatory Clinical Workflow Analysis Experience
- Requires skills in the following areas:
- Ability to work effectively with all clinical disciplines and departments
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competence in group leadership and facilitation
- Demonstrated ability to lead other analysts or to work independently through all phases of a project life cycle for both process and/or technical initiatives, or a combination of both focuses
- Advanced knowledge of data access and reporting techniques
- Experience in training end users and in supporting /configuring the LSS System.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office application
- Familiarity with Joint Commission components and the survey process associated with Information Management
- Provide guidance and system expertise in the overall planning, development, and implementation of the LSS Ambulatory EHR in our Health physician offices, particularly to address the clinical needs of patients and to support the practices of the clinical staff.
- Provide leadership in analyzing specific project assignments and the clinical workflow as it relates to the patient’s plan of care and physician office practices. Identify issues with respect to the clinical and administrative application software and resolve those issues to enhance the end-user’s ability to improve patient care. Coordinate management of the clinical information systems.
- Understand end user’s computer and system needs and define functional specifications for system configuration. Use techniques including interviewing, shadowing, and observing to document and enhance current user environment and processes.
Provide customer and team support through cross-disciplinary task groups. Work with peer Functional Team Leaders and other ancillary staff to identify opportunities for process improvement. Participate in resulting solutions as required, and write related standards and procedures.