Establish and maintain key supplier / subcontractor contacts for our regional fabrication needs. Implementation and adherence to procedures necessary for maintaining the necessary quality, best industry practice and standards of work. Oversee the development of best practice fabrication drawings to promote cost effective fabrication to industry standards. Personal familiarity with and promotion of Corporate HSEQ policy and ‘house rules'. Promote innovative technical solutions. Participate and advise projects in technically challenging fabrication issues and support project's fabrication needs. Develop approved fabricators listings for the Gulf region. Develop fabricator audit schedules and service agreements.
- Understand project's needs, identify and address fabrication parameters and issues, develop and implement fit for purpose solutions.
- Review all Projects fabrication drawings and specifications.
- Develop and/or Review projects fabrication Scope of Services and Specifications. Assist and participate in global fabrication initiatives (Communities of Excellence) as applicable. Assist in specialist technical support to projects.
- Deliver the appropriate fabrication needs to all ongoing Projects. Manage and/or supervise project SIT activities.
- Assist in developing approved / preferred fabricators listing in Houston, Mobile, NOLA and Port Isabel. Assist in developing fabricators audit schedule with HSEQ. Assist in establishing Service agreements with C&P. Mentor fabricators in HSEQ policies.
- Meet key subcontractors periodically and organize fabrication workshops with in-house designer and structural engineers to exchange ideas and improvements. Execute/support global fabrication initiatives from Houston.
- Promote new fabrication solutions for future project needs.
- Ensure that engineers are fully aware of their safety responsibility in projects. Develop and maintain a highly skilled and experienced fabrication team with core competences.
- Encourage to regular and formal meetings with Project Engineers, Structural Engineers and Design Engineers.
- Encourage implementation of best practices.
Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering or related advanced field from accredited university.
Four or more years in the same or relevant role. Broad experience within offshore related fabrication activities. Relevant training and background in fabrication, welding and materials issues.