Enterprise Architect (closed)
Location: Barton, ACT
Closing Date: Please send your CV on or before 23rd June by 5pm
Duration: 1st July 2012 to 30th June 2013 +24months possible Extension
Client: Federal Government Department
Job Reference No: IPSJO20150
Innovative People Solutions is an independent supplier of IT & Commercial recruitment and we have successfully aligned our business in a continuous evolving industry in the Australian market since 1988. IPS has a certified management system to the requirements of ISO9001:2008. IPS is committed to excellence, quality and best practice. We have got a proven track record in delivering best services to our Clients as well as candidates.
Our client, a major Federal Government Department, is seeking Enterprise Architect joins them to work on:
The work includes:
• Developing new ICT capability on the department’s Microsoft SOE with respect to the systems architecture and to a lesser extent, telecommunications.
• Provide input and direction into the ICT decision making process to ensure the impact on the entire organization is fully considered.
• Advise on investments in technology and appropriate acquisition strategies.
• Identify common business processes throughout the organization so that the capability ICT creates can be reused.
• Encourage the re-use of existing investments in technology where possible.
• Capable of direct and indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the ICT strategic plan in line with departmental objectives.
• Liaise with departmental and external agency clients on architecture matters.
• Ascertain current and future client-server architecture requirements.
• Evaluate the capabilities and constraints of currently installed equipment and associated software.
• Ascertain the suitability of future changes to the SOE including hardware, software and middleware components.
• Develop and implement changes to departmental systems strictly in accordance with departmental change control procedures.
• Provide documentation on all relevant aspects of the DAU.
• Maintain data and office security and system integrity in accordance with Departmental Security Instructions.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Other tasks as directed.
• As required, provide advice for ongoing maintenance of the SATIN infrastructure.
• Financial modelling as it pertains to IT investment
To be considered for the position you will have:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT, Computer Science or related discipline.
• At least 4-6 years work experience in infrastructure consulting roles.
• Preferred Microsoft certification or demonstrated experience.
• Preferred ITIL and PRINCE2 certification or demonstrated experience.
• Proven record of providing system architectural leadership.
• Demonstrated strong presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a simple way which can be understood by non-technical personnel.
• Strong client service skills.
Sounds like what you are looking for…..!!
Submit your resume in WORD format by hitting apply button or send resume in WORD format to Moni email@example.com.Alternatively for confidential discussion call Moni on 02-82346426.
call us on 02 8234 6400 for further details