Manager in Training - Chicago area (closed)
Do you want a challenging and long term career opportunity? Do you want the benefits of working for a stable public company and the flexibility and independence of a small but growing division? PICK-n-PULL may be the perfect place for you!
Ever wonder what happens to cars after they’ve outlived their usefulness? Inoperable vehicles have incredible value from used parts and recyclable materials.
PICK-n-PULL Auto Dismantlers is a self-service auto dismantling and recycling company, now with 50+ LOCATIONS throughout the U.S. and Canada, which is focused on consolidating the highly fragmented recycled auto parts market. PICK-n-PULL is a $300+ million, fastest growing division of Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. Schnitzer is a 100 year old publicly traded company with revenues in excess of $1.5 billion.
General Position Summary:
Manage all aspects of store operations including but not limited to: sales, vehicle production, customer care and personnel. Ensure that the store operates both safely and environmentally compliant, while effectively and efficiently working within the guidelines of the administrative policies and procedures. Must be able to travel via car and airplane to any US PNP location for extended periods of time. Must be open to relocation. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Drive store performance by optimizing sales, production, and vehicle purchasing.
- Manage and motivate team to increase sales and ensure efficiencies.
- Responsible for staffing by attracting, screening, hiring, and retaining top performers.
- Develop all employees through performance planning, goal setting, performance evaluation, training, and continuous improvement.
- Manage by the numbers by understanding and taking corrective actions in response to monthly financial statements and operating statistics. Analyze sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits.
- Prepares operating reports for the Regional Director and administrative office.
- Promotes a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant store for employees and customers.
- Delegate duties and scheduling work hours.
- Follows company policy and procedures and leads by example for the rest of the employees.
- Promote a positive and fulfilling work environment.
- Recent experience in a retail management position as detailed above.
- Good interpersonal skills with an outgoing friendly positive attitude.
- Solid quantitative skills to understand store financial performance and operating statistics. Must have the ability to reconcile sales, prepare reports and read technical manuals.
- Able to handle multiple priorities while performing quality work in an efficient manner with minimal supervision.
- Able to work required hours which includes weekends and holidays at any store assigned by management within reasonable distance from home store.
- Able to travel to any US PNP location for extended periods of time.
- Able to relocate.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred but not required.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stretching are required outside in the weather for extended periods during the day.
- Manual dexterity to handle tools and the ability to move 50 pounds.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely.