Construction Supervisor - Lines & Stations (closed)
ATCO Electric is a member of the ATCO Group of Companies -one of Canada's premier corporations. We are an Alberta, investor-owned utility delivering electric energy to customers throughout northern and east-central Alberta. In these resource rich areas of the province, electricity is an essential component of industrial development.
Albertans count on ATCO Electric for the safe, reliable delivery of electricity to their homes, farms, and businesses. ATCO Electric serves almost two-thirds of the province, delivering electric energy to petroleum and forestry companies, farms, towns and cities, First Nations and Metis Settlements.
Currently we have immediate openings for the following position:
CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR - LINES & STATIONS
HRTD, CAPITAL PROJECTS DIVISION
Reporting to the manager of Construction HRTD, this position is responsible for monitoring, auditing and enforcing construction contract specification during the construction and commissioning phases of the HRTD project in order to successfully accept and transfer the facility to the Owner.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitor, audit and enforce conformance to the contract and PMA during construction and commissioning.
- Monitor, audit and enforce compliance to the laws and statutes of Alberta, such as Safety Codes (AEUC), OHS, Environment, etc.
- Monitor construction and support the commissioning of all projects for scope changes and report daily on changes that impact the project cost or schedule, issue change orders within level of authority or escalate to quickly address.
- Monitor the construction of all projects for schedule changes and track progress on a daily basis identifying any issues that could delay the schedule, provide advice on course of action to maintain the schedule within authority levels or escalate to quickly address.
- Monitor and audit construction and materials management documentation to ensure that the facilities are being constructed to meet the quality specification in the contract.
- Act as a liaison with the construction management firm and ATCO Electric System Operations and service points for all day-to-day switching requirements and electrical interruption and ensure plans are in place to restore service in case of emergencies.
- Provide advice to the construction management firm on pre-energization evaluations and plans for the safe energization of new facilities.
- Collaborate with the construction management firm to improve current construction standards, practices and procedures for future use.
- At least 8-10 years of experience as a supervisor in construction, maintenance or commissioning of transmission facilities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and registered or eligible to be registered with APEGGA as a Professional Engineer, Electrical Technologist Diploma, Power Systems Electrician certificate or Powerline Technician certificate.
- Demonstrated professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to document and organize project communications.
- Superior analytical, problem solving, audit and investigation skills.
- Familiarity with relevant legislation - Safety Codes (AEUC), OHS, Environmental, Etc.
- Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions with the ability to manage to the specification of a contract.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite computer applications.
- A valid operator's license.
To be eligible for hire, candidates will be required to complete a Security Clearance Check satisfactory to ATCO Electric.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please apply at www.atcocareers.com or by email email@example.com Call Goke @ 403-374-1955