Electro/Mechanical Designer (closed)
Direct Drive Systems, a subsidiary of FMC Technologies, and a leader in advanced permanent magnet high-speed motor and generating systems for the oil and gas industry as well as subsea applications, is currently searching for an Electro/Mechanical Designer to work at its Fullerton, CA operation.
The Electro/Mechanical Designer will report to the Design and Configuration Manager and will be responsible for designing, detailing and maintaining documentation for components and assemblies used primarily in power electronic devices, and may also include motors/ generators, and manufacturing tooling as required.
• Design and detail power electronic products such as large motor drives and magnetic bearing controllers working closely with the electrical and packaging engineers.
• Participate in change control board meetings, contribute to the documentation of drawing releases, create vendor item and source control drawings.
• From time to time help in the design and detail of, motor/generator components and assemblies as well as manufacturing tooling under the direction of product or manufacturing engineers.
• Maintain product and tooling documentation such as drawings, bill-of-materials and specifications following the Engineering Change Process.
• 5 to 6 years experience in product design and/or tool design preferably in the areas of power electronics, electric rotating equipment, and/or turbo machinery.
• Proficiency in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office applications.
• Familiarity with NEMA, IEC, UL, NEC and other standards related to power electronics and/or electric rotating equipment is an asset.