Network Administrator (closed)
The Network Administrator will be part of the team that supports our organization's office infrastructure, data center infrastructure, and services, including: all server systems (physical and virtual), data backups (server and PC), facilities (including power, cabling, UPS, and server room), and day to day access requests. The Network Administrator will work with others to design, build, implement, and maintain the systems, tools and procedures to monitor and manage the local and remote office environments. This position requires an individual with a strong overall knowledge of computer networking principles, datacenter and server room design and best practices, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provide recommendations, plans, and suggestions for improving our current infrastructure.
- Help with improving existing systems, processes and policies in support our business goals.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and backup flexibility.
- Handle Help Desk requests
- Handle day-to-day systems maintenance and monitoring
- Pro-active handling of software, hardware, and networking issues.
- Learn how applications work with IIS, SQL Server, etc...
- Learn how our disaster recovery solution works, (Double-Take and Microsoft H.A.),
- And then be able to implement our disaster recovery solution.
- Must be passionate about technology and problem solving.
- Support an escalation processes.
- On call rotation.
Skills & Requirements
- 3 to 5 years relevant technical experience.
- Expert understanding of server hardware, networking, backup, storage, power, and VMware virtualization tools and concepts.
- Strong networking competency that includes the following (or equivalent): Dell Servers, SonicWall Firewalls, Dell Managed Switches, Active Directory Administration, DNS, and DHCP
- Extensive experience with Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, etc…) and RDP
- Extensive experience with Symantec Backup Exec or similar products.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Administration in a cluster
- Knowledge of Dell IT Assistant, OMSA, and iDRAC is a plus
- Knowledge of Vision Solutions Double-Take is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with IIS7 is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft SQL database is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Android O.S. and/or iOS in a business environment is a plus
- Working Knowledge of Telephony is a plus
- Strong communication skills and customer focus.
- Quick grasp of strategic and tactical requirements and the ability to propose creative solutions.
Please apply: Lou.email@example.com or call 216-401-5660