EDI Analyst (closed)
This position is responsible for development, onboarding, and support activities for all aspects of Client's Electronic Commerce environment. This position is also responsible for training and mentoring other team members, contributing to the development of best-practice materials, and helping to improve client's trading partner onboarding and support processes.
- Setup trading partner partnerships in the EDI systems including gateway server configuration, AS2 and FTP connectivity, network and system security, trading partner requirements gathering, mapping, testing, implementation, initial production support, and documentation.
- Support electronic commerce relationships with existing and new trading partners: customers, transportation carriers, railroads, and various third parties, including after-hour support on a rotating schedule.
- Interact with trading partners and internal corporate and field units on a day-to-day basis to support and resolve electronic commerce transaction flow issues.
- Manage trading partner support issues including analysis, mapping, testing, implementation, and documentation.
- Administer transformation and communication gateway applications.
- Develop and distribute instructions, documentation, specifications, and questionnaires for electronic commerce processes and procedures to internal personnel and/or external trading partners.
- Manage assigned tasks with minimum direction from management.
- Contribute to the improvement implementation and support processes.
- Other duties as directed by management.
Requirements & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with electronic commerce concepts, standards, architectures (ANSI ASC X12, UN/EDIFACT), and value-added networks (VAN) required.
- Proficient with IBM.Sterling’s SI (Sterling Integrator) product with a minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Proficient with data management – simple SQL queries (e.g. winSQL).
- Experience setting up AS2 and FTP connectivity in an EDI environment.
- Knowledge of Internet-based electronic commerce solutions.
- Experience with MS Windows platform.
- Experience with eXtensible Markup Language (XML).
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment, with excellent written and oral communication/phone skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Able to learn quickly and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Goal driven, highly motivated, with a desire to take the lead.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Comfortable working with all levels of corporate personnel.