Senior WebSphere Commerce Developer
Position: Senior WebSphere Commerce Developer
Location: Bothell, WA or Atlanta, GA
Contract: 6 Months
As a Senior WebSphere Commerce developer you will be a key member of the eCommerce development team responsible for implementing WebSphere Commerce Enterprise for Business to Consumer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) sites in a high volume transaction environment.
You will be responsible for the design and development of solutions using WebSphere Commerce Enterprise 6.0 and 7.0 and upgrades of WCS 6.0 solutions to WCS 7.0. This is a hands-on application development role, including application extensions, integration testing, integration development and cutover activities.
- Translate business, and functional requirements into documented technical specifications.
- Full life cycle application development: design, code, and test technical solutions
- Conducting code reviews with consultants and junior level developers to ensure proper coding techniques and approach as well as adherence to standards
- Gather information from users to create specifications and develop code for new and existing systems
- Follow Software Change Management guidelines
- Customize underlying business logic for stores
- Hands on experience with web services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Implement session management, access control and caching features
- Customize administration tools
- Customize payment plug-ins
- Understand product catalog model and create/load data
- Test, troubleshoot, and debug code and environment issues with appropriate environment support teams
- Package and deploy customized code
Minimum Required Skills / Competencies:
- 4+years hands on WebSphere Commerce development experience (recent) with v6 or later
- 6-8 years experience with J2EE architecture and development including Servlets, EJBs, JMS, and JSP.
- Experience with WebSphere Commerce architecture
- Should have done at least one enterprise implementation of WCS
- Quick learner and problem solving ability
- B2B and B2C store development experience
- Demonstrated hands-on skills in two or more of the subsystems in WCS (ex: Order Management, Catalog, Marketing, Merchandising, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the WCS runtime framework and be comfortable working with Struts.
- Experience developing WCS EJB, access, and data beans
- Experience with Oracle 10g or 11g
- Experience with the data model and programming model for WebSphere Commerce
- Experience with WebSphere Commerce programming techniques and methods for extending the base
- WebSphere Commerce functionality based on the best practices and methodologies recommended by IBM
- XML and web technologies including AJAX, Web Services, and JSON.
- Direct Sales development experience a plus
- Experience in iterative and parallel development model is desirable
- WCS Commerce Accelerator and WCS Management Center
- Integration experience to fulfillment vendors, tax (Vertex), payment processing, e-mail service providers, and other ecommerce integrations
- Knowledge of WCS site administration including build and deployment and overall site architecture.
- Wireless industry experience desirable.
Thanks & Regards,
JMA Information Technology,
913-667-2848 [Direct] | 913-667-2828 X 206 | 866-639-4749 [F]
10551 Barkley St. Suite 400 | Overland Park, KS 66212
View my jobs @ http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/42066/jobs