Systems Engineer (closed)
The primary purpose of this position is to focus on the construction, documentation, maintenance, testing, and support of all distributed applications within the new Disaster Recovery environment in New York. This position will be standard 1st shift (Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) working hours.
The engineer is responsible for supporting problems that are escalated by our Technology Operations Control Center within the NY DR environment, correctly working the resolution of the problem, notifying the appropriate levels of management about the problem, and documenting the problem, actions, and notifications taken during its resolution. The engineer must also be available 24X7 for emergency support.
• Work in a fast paced environment. Multitasking and attention to detail are critical.
• Process oriented.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years of Linux/Unix experience
- 3+ years experience with SQL and Relational databases (e.g. DB2, Oracle)
- 3+ years of Unix Scripting
- 2+ years of Windows experience
- Web and Java development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or MIS or related field