Mechanical Engineer (closed)
65-75k Anually compensation
- Technical services support to the field service and sales groups
- Working on technical bidding documents for drilling rigs and equipments
- Suggest/design and implement changes to existing products for continuous improvement
- Design and document changes/versions of existing products based on customer requirements
- Generate product design documentation such as design reports, assembly procedures and test procedures.
- Help with engineering design work and the preparation of engineering drawings.
- Support the design of new products for development within the Product Groups, liaising with purchasing, technical, manufacturing, tooling, and projects in respect of lead times, materials and tooling availability.
- Identify design methods and techniques required to satisfy the project specifications.
- Analyze dimensions from equipment and assist in producing of drawings for fabrication, layouts and sketches
- Working towards or at Engineer level
- Minimum of 1 years proven applied engineering experience gained in a progressive manufacturing environment
- Experience of client liaison a plus
- Basic knowledge of design and repair of OILFIELD DRILLING EQUIPMENT (mud pumps, drawworks, rotary tables and gear box etc.) would be beneficial
- Self-starter with strong work ethic
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Good oral and written communication skills are critical
- AutoCAD or some 3D modeling software.
- The successful candidate should have basic knowledge and understanding of drilling equipment.
- Knowledge of Chinese is an asset.