Mobile Engineer (closed)
When you are not deeply engrossed in writing the future for Android devices and other mobile platforms, you will be hooking up web services that consume data from a massive back end containing complex logic that consistently helps customers manage their travel and expense costs. You will be referring to existing code systems, extending them, re-writing them, and many times striking out on your own to create new algorithms that make the world for our customers simpler, faster, mobile ubiquitous. You will use all of the latest buzz words to make sure that your software is awesome. Some days you will be writing native mobile app code and then the next you might be implementing HTML5 pages nestled inside of a web view. The following week, you could be restructuring the parsing of JSON or XML data from a web service you created the month previous, so that it is storing the results in Core Data for use in an offline mode.
Your code must be efficient, well-written, readable, matching standards, and bug free (or at least free of fault as much as is humanly possible). You are a developer that realizes the beauty found in simplicity and that shows in the way you create your code. You have great instincts about how to solve almost everything thrown your way, including the daunting problem of where does one start.
Position Requirements Minimum Experience & Skills:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field.
- Strong professional Software Engineering background.
- Professional experience programming in object oriented languages. Java preferred.
- Solid professional experience in mobile application development strongly preferred.
- Experience developing complex apps that interact with web services / cloud strongly preferred.
- Experience developing B2B or B2C apps strongly preferred.
- A working knowledge of Android development along with practical application examples.
- A firm understanding of the relationship between Android Activities, Views (xml based and non-xml based), services and receivers strongly preferred.
- Demonstrable experience with the use of SQLite 3 to model persistent data stores for Android strongly preferred.
- Experience with Java for object oriented design.
- Ability to pass a background check.