Hardware / Software Configuration Engineer - Contract to Hire (closed)
Client : Power and Automation
Job Title : Hardware / Software Configuration Engineer (Job Id: 7193-1)
Location : Sugar Land, TX 77478
Duration : 12+ months (Contract to Hire position)
Someone must have experience building software systems, installing the newest operating systems just for the fun of it.
Should have software engineering skills, at least to the extent that they write basic web pages, automation scripts, databases, or similar.
The person today probably either working in configuration management, as a software engineer, or in software testing.
Job Description / Requirement:
• Hardware/Software Configuration includes the analysis, recommendation, introduction and support of various hardware/software configurations, analyses of projected business requirements and related costs versus benefits.
• Develop, maintain, control, audit, analyze and manage a variety of information systems.
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives, devise strategies, develop or modify procedures, and resolve complex problems and related issues. Instruct, coordinate and check work of other information systems staff and lead projects with moderate to large budgets.
• Education: Minimum: BS in CS/EE/MIS Engineering.
• Experience: Minimum: 0-5 years of experience in software development
• Excellent knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Programming and/or scripting skills.
• Great problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
• Experience from working with configuration management tools, preferably TFS.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and to take own initiatives.
A CMMI Level 5 Organization