Director of Case Management (closed)
Mediscan is currently recruiting for a Director of Case Management for a 177-bed, state-of-the-art hospital in Nevada.
- Are you a hands on leader that is willing to roll up your sleeves and help as needed?
- Prefer a professional but relaxed environment with a family feel?
- Want to join a tenured group of healthcare professionals?
- Strive in a team oriented work environment?
- Are you a good listener?
- Do you enjoy being lighthearted?
Candidate must have the following:
- Acute Care experience
- Current, active Nevada RN license or the ability to obtain one
- Leadership experience in Case Management
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Facilitates all CM meetings, with focus on target cases (InterQual not met, observation, D/C planning issues, large CM, etc.).
- Assists in the review of patient cases (concurrent & retrospective) as required by CM staffing, patient acuity and/or census.
- Establishes and implements in collaboration with the CNO & Education Coordinator, CM training programs for Nursing, Medical and Ancillary staff.
- Oversees the case manager’s process for completion of indicator and incident reports as events occur.
- Develops and maintains tracking and reporting of CM indicators and physician report cards as they relate to UR and CM. Reports are generated in a systematic, timely manner. Reports to Corporate, administration, medical staff, department managers, and governing board as required.
- Coordinates and prepares documentation relative to the appeal and SOS medicaid application process in a systematic and timely manner.
- Annually reviews and revises (as needed) the Case Management Plan, policies and procedures.
- Oversees the coordination and implementation of all hospital educational activities in collaboration with the Education Coordinator.
- Collaborates consistently with appropriate staff members to facilitate delivery of educational programs/ activities.
- Annually reviews and revises (as needed) the hospitalwide plan for education/training/competency.
- Employee has willingness and ability to perform additional duties in different areas of the department/hospital on an as-needed basis.
- Communicates well with management, co-workers and physicians, reporting problems with equipment, supplies, or procedures.
- Consistently strives to understand, anticipate and meet the needs, expectations and satisfaction of patients, visitors, co-workers and medical staff.
Please email your resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com