Applications Engineer (closed)
Intelligrated is growing! We are adding an Applications Engineer to our Western Operations in Emeryville, CA. If you are interested in joining an exciting organization with challenging job opportunities, then look no further!
This position exists to concept and price systems and write systems proposals. This associate will be working with sales personnel to determine correct equipment applications and support the proposal manager on major system proposals.
Essential Functions include:
- Reviews Customer drawings and specifications
- Concepts the most workable and economical system for the customer and Intelligrated objectives
- Prepares equipment list for pricing purposes
- Pricing - Prepares RFQ's for groups and vendors; determines pricing using spreadsheet
- Prepares proposals- Prepares detailed descriptions of system features, to explain function of system - both hardware and software.
- Prepares equipment description to show specific equipment to be provided with the system.
- Assures follow through once a proposal becomes an order - to Order Entry, and leads turnover meetings to Project Management/Engineering/Manufacturing
- Prices Change Orders- Identifies what needs to be changed, prices whatever is changed or added to the job.
- Coordinates and cooperates to build and effective company team. Provides information that is timely and pertinent to others.
- Follows ISO 9000 procedures
- Feeds back information to members of management to enhance success of Intelligrated.
- Bachelor’s degree, Engineering or Engineering Technology, OR
- Associate’s degree, Engineering or Engineering Technology , plus 2 - 3 years experience in warehouse & distribution software systems, IT or similar industry, OR
- 3-6 years experience in warehouse & distribution or similar industry.
- AutoCAD experience is required.
- Proficient with MS Excel/Word
- Spanish Speaking Preferred
- Working knowledge of Databases preferred
- Experience in Warehouse & Distribution Preferred