C++ Software Engineer (closed)
C++ Software Engineer - OOD/OOP, (100% employee coverage for Medical/Dental/Vision, 4 weeks of PTO from the start!)
Skills: Object Oriented Design and Programming (OOP), C++ is a plus, Bachelor's Degree, Problem Solving experience (solving problems in different domains and different tools)
Pay Rate: Competitive base + bonus
Join an exciting software company in high growth mode while maximizing an opportunity to excel in your area of expertise! 4 weeks of vacation from the start, flexible work environment and working in the exciting geospatial industry makes this a can’t-miss opportunity!
Our client is looking for an energetic Senior Software Engineer to join a talented software development team focused on developing applications for the geospatial community. Our ideal candidate will have outstanding software development skills and experience using OO methodologies. Key profile is product experience - language agnostic but okay with C++ as primary language; also someone that has solved problems in different domains and different tools. There may be an opportunity to work on Mobile Application Development as well. You must welcome accountability, be goal oriented, and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Participate in all phases of designing and developing commercial products for the geospatial community.
- Perform root cause analysis on reported software defects.
- Work with other engineers on the development and maintenance of released products.
- Outline proposed solutions and estimates to fix software defects.
- Work with product management and QA to properly prioritize software defects.
- Work with other engineers, QA, and product management to establish software release plans
- 6+ years experience OOP/OOD - (Strong OO design and development skills with commerical software.)
- 3+ years experience with C++.
- Client uses C#, .Net, ASP.Net, Android technology - any of these are a plus!
- Must have Shrink-wrap Product Development - Commercial or Enterprise software experience that has been pushed out to end users.
- B.S. degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field
- Experience with agile development practices a plus
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Web Technologies (ASP.NET, WCF) a plus
- Experience with geospatial tools and techniques a plus.
- Mobile app experience is a plus
Medical, Dental, Vision. 100% employee coverage. 401K plan. Life, Short and Long Term Disability. 4 weeks PTO and flexible work environment.