Project Director (Wealth Management) (closed)
Project Director (Private Wealth Management)
Keywords: Project Director – Private Wealth Management – Project Manager – Software Development Projects – Software Integration – Software Implementation – MS Project
Our Client, a leading financial services consultancy, is looking for a Project Director with extensive Private Wealth Management experience; who has handled multiple Software Development projects. The Project Director ( Private Wealth Management ) would be responsible for leading, providing steering and oversight to a portfolio of wealth management software implementation projects, assisting customers to more effectively manage and expand their business.
The Project Director ( Private Wealth Management ) will need to motivate and guide project teams throughout project delivery; including project managers and consultants with support from various departments ensuring the provision of specialists (financial analysts, software engineers, etc).
Our Client works with some of the largest financial institutions in the world; so the Project Director ( Private Wealth Management ) must be a leader who desires accountability and ownership for successful delivery.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for a large multi-year client implementation from project initiation through successful implementation.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management teams that reflect efforts for specified projects within the Services team, signing off on commercial terms of all services mandates.
- Define and execute an integrated master plan to outline key activities and milestones, roles and responsibilities.
- Provide proactive advice and guidance to ensure client deliverables and milestones are met and appropriate risk mitigation strategies are considered to address unforeseen issues.
- Key liaison with Account Management team to provide information, support and guidance to ensure overall client satisfaction.
- Sign off authority on estimates, project scope and deliverable documents, change requests, invoicing to customers. Provide review, guidance on Services contracts for new clients.
Profile / Skills / Experience:
- Extensive experience within financial services industry, wealth management private banking and brokerage background.
- Worked on key front-office wealth management desktop applications to support advisor/private banker productivity in acquiring new clients, managing existing relationships, and delivering an exceptional client experience.
- Prior experience as a Senior Manager within a large scale consulting/services organization with responsibility for program managing large scale application/system integration initiatives of $10MM or greater is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a software development or similar delivering enterprise software projects to the financial services industry i.e. brokerage, mutual fund, banking, trust.
- 5+ years project management experience in the delivery/deployment of medium to large, complex, enterprise class wealth management applications and experience in the major phases of a software project: analysis, design, testing, implementation planning, installation and training.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior management or senior project management role.
- 7 – 10 years of experience managing external client relationships.
- Ability and desire to understand a complex, enterprise-class software product and its underlying components.
- Travel is required – up to 40%.
More information is available on request.