Benefits Specialist - Top Not For Profit - NYC (closed)
My Client, a leading not for Profit Organization based in NYC is seeking a Benefits Specialist to administration of all employee benefits plans.
Reporting to the Manager of Benefits, this candidate will advise employees regarding all benefit programs offered, monitor and ensure compliance with all legal mandates, assist in coordination of activities supporting the administration of benefits.
- Responsible for ensuring the administration of all benefit programs to comply with state and federal laws as well as the Organization's policies.
- Determine staff eligibility for benefits and coordinate communication, including new hire benefits orientation, enrollment, and ongoing life event processes.
- Project manage the Organization's Annual Enrollment process, including coordination of mailings to staff , ensuring forms are received within deadline and other related processes
- Manages relationship with associated external vendors.
- Partner with HRIS team to develop automated processes and necessary reporting.
- Create and distribute appropriate communication to staff, departments, medical providers, and worker's compensation vendor, as required.
- Assist with required work for the Organization's annual government filings (IRS, DOL, PBGC, etc.) and other compliance and disclosure reporting, including audit work.
- Assist with administrative tasks, as they arise, in resepect to special projects.
- Maintain updated Plan Documents and SPD's for all benefit plans, in conjunction with Counsel's office
- Monitors and tracks changes in legislation and industry trend, recommends changes to benefits. Propose process improvements
Requirements and Qualifications: Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years demonstrated experience and success working with health and welfare and retirement plans.
- Knowledge and understanding of benefits laws such as ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, STD, LTD and IRS regulations
- Demonstrated success and focus on process improvement, customer service, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize.
- Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently, as required.
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelors Degree required
- HR Certification (CEBS, or other professional certification) preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products; familiarity with Lawson and Kronos a plus.
- Knowledgeable on eligibility rules, regulations, and able to coach others on the material.
If you are interested please call me or if you know of anyone looking that may qualify just let me know to qualify for a $2,000 referral bonus