Server Software Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
The software server manager is responsible for development of end to end server solutions.
1) Leading the cross functional teams through the development process
2) Managing the engineering team including vendors in all aspects of the solution development
3) Delivering solutions on time, on scope, on budget
The development manager build/manage the full team comprised of engineering, services, vendors, customers, strategic partners, and others to develop new hardware and software solutions. Development activities include software development, hardware development, hardware and software integration/validation, definition and validation of reference architectures, development of white papers, best practices, and design and implementation guides. Components of the solution include Servers, storage, networking, and thin and thick clients as well as software, operating systems, management software tools, and hypervisor software from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft and various other ISV providers.
Complete responsibilities for the solutions development manager include:
· Delivery of solutions projects within approved development processes
· Manage the engineering project teams to deliver solutions on scope, on time, on budget
· Manage the cross functional extended teams efforts for each development project through the development process
· Own the technical relationship with key vendors
· Aligning with key internal business partners in marketing, planning, and services to maximize success for assigned solutions
· Work closely with other functional managers to improve the processes around solutions development and delivery
· Responsible for maintaining engineering rigor and discipline project execution
· Responsible for working across the organization to align strategies and plans with partner organizations
- 10 years of experience managing engineering teams in the development of hardware, software, or solutions
- Experience driving teams through structured product or solutions development processes
- Established track record of delivering on time, on scope, on budget
- Prefer experience in software development
- Prefer experience in agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of server hypervisors including Windows Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, and XenServer
- VMware view and Citrix XenDesktop experience required, with detailed knowledge of at least one
- Experience with application virtualization and streaming technologies such as Xenapp or App-V
- Experience with systems management principles including management tools and lifecycles.
- Experienced with virtualization solution components including SAN and NAS storage, servers, clients, and network infrastructure
- Experience with enterprise hardware and technologies including storage controllers, Ethernet adapters, memory modules, processor models, remote management cards,
- Experience developing or managing software development is preferred
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills and strong teamwork capabilities.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines
- BS in CS/CE/EE or related field, MS preferred