Senior Risk Analyst (closed)
The Risk Analyst evaluates customer behavior to identify risk attributes and develops models and analyses to reduce risk and improve overall profitability.
This role utilizes strong technical, data mining, and analytical skills to uncover information from vast amounts of data and organizes findings in a way that communicates findings to senior management. Persons in the role will need to demonstrate the highest level of analytic capability and be able to create actionable analyses to improve business outcomes.
This role will develop and monitor risk models and work with technology resources to implement solutions to reduce portfolio exposure to losses and maximize profitability. This position will also involve segmentation, cluster analysis, and decision tree building.
- Develop, validate and maintain risk/fraud models
- Design risk mitigation strategies for new products and markets
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as SQL and SAS
- Analyze data covering a wide range of information from user profile to transaction history. Identify new fraud patterns through data mining
- Analyze model performance and communicate model design and performance to senior management
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner through creative visualization
- BS/BA degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research or other quantitative, engineering area (advanced degree preferred)
- Strong problem solving skills and communication skills
- Professional experience in statistical analysis, predictive modeling and data manipulation preferred
- SAS, SQL and UNIX skills preferred
PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES TO WFRAKES@PAYPAL.COM