Sr. Java Developers - help us create our next killer app! (closed)
Sr. Java Developers
Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLB.com), the interactive and mobile division of Major League Baseball, is the developer of several award-winning products, Apps and services. Some of these include: MLB Gameday, MLB.TV, Fantasy Baseball, Beat the Streak, and the #1 sports app of all-time and a Hall of Fame inductee for iPhone, iPad and Macworld - MLB At Bat! We are also the industry leader in the development and distribution of live streaming video events over multiple platforms.
***We are looking to add multiple Sr. Java Developers (up to Lead level) to help us create new products and to develop the Next-Gen versions of our award-winning apps and services! Your Java development at MLB Advanced Media will be focused around: Social Media, Streaming Video, and highly-interactive and feature rich apps that usually involve large data sets. These hands-on positions provide instant gratification for any developer as the apps you develop will be used daily by millions across the globe! Can you help us create our next killer App??
These permanent positions are located at our spacious and fun headquarters in Chelsea Market.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- The opportunity to work on a bleeding edge technology stack
- The opportunity to work with a "world-class" team of Software Engineers
- The opportunity to work on award-winning and complex apps and systems
- The opportunity to have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions
- The opportunity to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- We offer a cool, casual, dynamic, creative and fun multimedia environment in an awesome location
- Amazing benefits including - 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental and Vision and company funded Pension Plan. You will also get free entrance into any ballpark in the Country!
- Must be a very strong hands-on Java Developer with expert knowledge of object-oriented development
- Deep knowledge of key object-oriented design patterns, data structures, algorithms, collections, and garbage collection
- Prior experience with the design and architecture of large-scaled Java applications is preferred
- Sun Java Certification is a plus
- Outside the box mentality; candidates should have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A recent article in Fortune refers to us a "Tech Powerhouse": http://bit.ly/tfdfaE
Do you want to work at a Tech Powerhouse? Apply today!