Grants Associate (closed)
Scion Staffing, Inc. (www.scionstaffing.com), a full service national staffing firm has been retained to conduct a search for a Contract Grants Associate for our client, a prestigious foundation in San Francisco, CA.
Working in a dynamic Grants Administration team housed in the Finance Division, the Grants Associate will impact the organization, processing, and success of over 11,000 grants distributed by the Foundation. Grants are made at the recommendation of fund advisors and other methods for a range of organizations, including supporting organizations, designated funds, and nonprofit investment funds. Pride in one?s work and an understanding of how diligence in details affects the success of the Foundation?s Bay Area efforts is vital to success in this position, as are enthusiasm and demonstrated skill.
- Process grants in a broad spectrum, including supporting organization, designated fund, nonprofit investment and competitive grants via data entry and compliance verification for both international and domestic grant recommendations
- Data entry and documentation of grants
- Respond in a timely fashion to community member and client inquiries regarding grant status, procedures, and special requests; communication across variety of channels including phone, email, and in-person
- Review and track of grants weekly
- Prepare grants award letters, collate, and mail with sensitive materials as needed
- Prepare materials for wired grants
- Work fluidly within the grants administration team to contribute effectively to the goals and mission of the Foundation?assists with special projects as needed with eager and team-oriented attitude
- Flexibility to provide additional support during peak times in the grant season, typically in November and December
- Bachelor?s degree strongly preferred with minimum 2 years of prior experience with keen insight on how prior experience and skills will transfer into the needs of the position; ideally seeking candidate with prior experience in grants, foundation work, client service with nonprofit orientation, or some combination of these
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite and Outlook
- Ability to quickly adapt to new systems, preferably with demonstrated experience in Raiser?s Edge or similar database
- Accounting background highly sought; aptitude for numbers is a must
- High degree of flexibility with a history of immersing into one?s environment with a mission-driven orientation
- Natural inclination toward helpfulness with exceptional professional polish in communication to ensure healthy client and community relationships
- Prior data entry experience with demonstrated success in limiting errors
- Demonstrated dedication in going above and beyond to conduct due diligence in compliance and sensitive scenarios
- Strong sense of self with an ability to hone instincts through ongoing experience to develop autonomy in the role
- Initiative; communicates ideas to improve processes and fill in gaps
Compensation for this long-term contract role will be commensurate upon experience, at approximately $18/hour.
About our search firm:
Scion Staffing is an award winning staffing firm headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Over the past few years, our firm has had the pleasure of successfully assisting hundreds of local employers. No matter the requisition or size, our track record and recruitment prowess has made us one of the top recruitment firms in California. Additional information about our firm and success can also be found online at www.scionstaffing.com, or in the 2010/2011 Business Times list of top staffing firms.