Manager of Accounting - VT #2209 (closed)
Dynamic health care facility looking for an Accounting Manager.
The Manager of Accounting is responsible for the daily operations of the Corporate Accounting Department. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for the monthly close and year end process, in collaboration of the Director of Corporate Accounting, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Manager is responsible for the documentation of all policies and procedures as well as the monitoring of all accounting systems, including the General Ledger, Financial Edge, and REAL Assets. Additional responsibilities also include working with the Director of Corporate Accounting around consolidations and tax compliance issues, including the filing of all regulatory documents (Form 990, 990T, 990EZ, etc.). The Manager will also work with the Director of Corporate Accounting around accounting issues, policies and procedures for grants, in collaboration with the Office of Clinical Trials Research Licensing, the Development Office, and Faculty Practice Finance and Administration.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. MBA, CPA or similar professional designation preferred.
Four to eight years of progressive accounting experience. Previous experience must include financial statement preparation and analysis. A keen focus on instituting operational efficiencies required, with emphasis on internal controls and formalization of policies and procedures. Experience managing and supervising accounting and/or financial personnel is required. Health Care finance experience preferred.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting required (MBA, CPA or similar professional designation preferred).
2. 4 + years of progressive accounting experience in an Academic Medical Center or Healthcare environment.
3. Experience in financial statement preparation and analysis.
4. Experience managing and supervising accounting and/or financial personnel.
5. Located in the Northeast or a strong reason for the move.