SQL Server DBA
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude and strong communication skills, and are seeking an SQL server skillset as well as an SAP skillset.
× BS degree in Computer Science, or Information Systems.
× Experience in a multi-instance Unix environment with hands-on experience with PL/SQL experience in managing databases other than Oracle (MS SQL Server, Progress) required. Experience in Managing Oracle databases both in Production and Development.
× Experience in Database Security Implementation.
× Experience in establishing performance criteria for monitoring and tuning databases.
× Must understand Java.
× Use OEM and SCOM for database and server monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- MS SQL Server DBA- (5 to 7 years)
- SAP DBA- (3 to 5 years)
- Oracle DBA- (1 to 3 years)
- Plan, implement and administer Database functions.
- Backup for SAP Basis analyst duties and lead for Oracle EBS DBA work are highly desired skills.
- Manages database backups and recovery process. Update databases as required.
- Lead fault-tolerance and proactive maintenance efforts, implement advance warning systems thus providing 24/7 production support and resolving any outages for database and application tier.
- Implement and perform capacity planning processes.
- Establish performance criteria, monitor and tune databases and underlying systems to meet those criteria.
- Provide technical leadership and leverage the technical skills of the DBA team in all aspects of mid to high range database administration.
- Responsible for cloning databases for all versions of Oracle, Progress, and MS SQL Server.
- Responsible for implementation change control & doing database migrations to production environment. Provide performance Tuning and Space Management.
- Responsible for regularly refreshing databases as needed. Perform yearly SOX database restore testing. Perform Bi-annual database access reviews.
- Work with Unix group, Windows Team and Operations/Help Desk as needed. Support Client project work with little supervision.
- Be on call 24/7 as part of DBA on call rotation.
- Support internal and external auditors.
- Perform OS and hardware migrations on a regular basis as Client’s strategic direction changes.