Business Director - Fashion x 4 (closed)
Leading international franchise operator for over 55 of the world’s most recognised retail brands, including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, P.F. Chang’s, Office Depot and Boots. The company operates 2,200 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food Service, Optics, Pharmacy, Office Supplies and Home Furnishings.
Currently found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 28,000 people from over 90 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
Seeking leaders in fashion retailing to be part of the success story and support the rapid growth strategy which will see further expansion of iconic brands such as American Eagle, Mothercare, Debenhams, Next, Topshop, Miss Selfridge, River Island, Express, Claire’s, Justice, Payless, Bhs, Peacocks and Early Learning Centre.
Proactive, commercially focused and profit driven Business Directors have an exciting opportunity to develop these high quality, on trend brands across the region.
Based in Moscow, the candidates will have the exciting opportunity to play an active role in the development of our growth strategy across the Middle Eastern region.
• Strategic brand development and business planning
• Full P&L accountability and delivery
• A strong focus on operations, product and the customer
• Managing relationships with host brand
• Team development and leadership
• Dynamic and energetic in nature
• Commercially astute and profit driven
• An influential, proactive and strong leader
• A proven track record of delivering success through teamwork
• An excellent negotiator
• Comfortable managing complexity
• Influencing rather than directive in style
• Self-aware, flexible and collaborative
• Culturally sensitive
• 10-15 years gained in Fashion retail including a minimum of 5 years in senior management positions
• A strong background in product, merchandising and operations
• Used to managing aggressive expansion of a retail chain
• Ability to work in a complex matrix structure
• Working at a senior level in a respected retail group or major multi franchise operation
• Preferably with some international experience
• Competitive package including bonus and executive benefits
• Strong potential for personal growth and multi-regional career progression