Business Development/Relationship Management Professional- Institutional Asset Management-Public (closed)
An exciting opportunity based in New York City is available within our Institutional Distribution group, covering the Public sector within the eastern half of the United States. This position is responsible for gathering and retaining assets from new and existing clients as well as developing and maintaining a direct relationship with those clients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Institutional new business development, maintaining client relationship responsibility for those acquired clients.
- Taking a consultative approach with clients and potential clients to define investment needs, support objectives and offer appropriate solutions.
- Educating clients on the breadth of solutions offered as well as enhancements made, on any relevant developments or risks in the financial markets – being the point of contact on all matters related to the relationship.
- Ensuring all areas of the company are supporting client needs and providing solutions to service issues.
- Working closely with investment teams to understand and represent the product, to position and clearly articulate the product.
- Meeting or exceeding new business AUM/revenue goals.
- Preparing and delivering client presentation materials.
- 5+ years of experience as a direct Institutional Business Developer for an asset management or financial services firm.
- Demonstrated track record in institutional business generation and client retention.
- Existing strong relationships with key decision makers and field consultants within the Public sector.
- Investment product knowledge and knowledge of financial markets.
- Strong team player with high degree of initiative and passion for the industry.
- BA required, CFA preferred.
- Strong written as well as verbal presentation skills.
- Extensive travel required.
- Strong commitment to performance.
- Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Located in the New York office.
Guggenheim Investments represents the investment management division of Guggenheim Partners, LLC, which consist of investment managers with approximately $127 billion in combined total assets. Collectively, we have had a long, distinguished history of serving institutional investors, ultra-high-net-worth individuals, family offices and financial advisors. We offer clients a wide range of differentiated capabilities built on a commitment to investment excellence.
Our business is firmly rooted in the discipline of the institutional money management: our DNA is etched with the rigor of managing risk. Each of our investment teams brings a unique expertise and point of view about what drives asset and market behavior, and what drives risk and reward.
Over the years, our clients have valued us for our tradition of independence, thought leadership, purposeful innovation and a nimbleness we believe not readily found in other asset managers. WE are answerable only to our clients and our commitment to their success.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO BE CONSIDERERED FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE: