Sr. EE (Surface Mount Technology) (closed)
The Kansas City Plant is a U. S. Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T). Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers' expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. All positions at FM&T require U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
A SMT Engineer is needed to develop, maintain, and optimize surface mount soldering processes and the associated documentation for printed circuit board assemblies. This position will also be responsible for leading the setup, control, and operation of SMT equipment, such as screen printing devices, component placement machines, and reflow soldering ovens.
• Develop, maintain, and optimize surface mount soldering processes and the associated documentation for printed circuit board assemblies
• Assume ownership of the surface mount manufacturing area including the machines, processes, and tooling to include the failure analysis and repair of product and/or machine failures
• Conducts experiments, DOE's and production validation runs for new products, while also developing equipment specifications for new equipment related to surface mount manufacturing
• Work closely with members of the team, both internal and external, to resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and acceptance issues
• Evaluate, recommend, and implement innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flowtime, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety
• Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Join Honeywell’s Talent Network: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials, or Chemical Engineering (or similar 4-year engineering degree) is required.
• A minimum of three years direct experience with surface mount technology.
• Demonstrated knowledge of SMT processes and equipment.
• Demonstrated experience in hand soldering techniques and rework procedures.
• Familiarity with MIL & IPC standards.
• Experience in SPC and Design of Experiments.
• High level of trouble shooting skills and failure analysis skills.
• Experience programming and operating Tyco pick-and-place equipment (Q-Soft software).
• Experience with Aegis Software for PCB CAD import, machine programming, work directions, and product tracking.
• Experience with Minitab software and applying statistical analysis methods to product/process development.
• Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and team skills.
• The ability to be self-motivated and to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.