Clinical Informatics Trainer - EMR Trainer - Allscripts - Sunrise 5.5 CITY OF HOPE, Duarte CA - Direct Hire -firstname.lastname@example.org (closed)
The clinical informatics trainer will focus on end-user learning and experience. He/she will contribute to the benefits realization from the clinical information system by ensuring that end-users including physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other clinical staff understand how they can derive value from the clinical information system by using it to optimize their workflow, productivity and efficiency. Although training may occur during episodes of individual and group sessions as well as through electronic and paper media, the focus is on ongoing learning. The trainer is often the first contact that the user has with the CIS program and is thus the face of the program. As a position which represents the CIS program, the trainer is in a unique position to influence user perceptions. This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills to ensure that users have an excellent learning experience. The clinical informatics trainer will develop and maintain the super user program.
The following are essential job accountabilities:
1. Ensures end-user learning goals are realized.
2. Implement assigned components of the CIS Training Strategy and Plan; interact with other CIS team members, the vendor and users as required to complete work.
3. Learns assigned applications and associated user work flows with assistance from other CIS team members; applies application and work flow knowledge to the development of training databases, training materials and other requisite deliverables.
4. Assess user training requirements, abilities and preferences.
5. Assists in the development and delivery of training curriculum for targeted users; supports collection and analysis of participant test results, session evaluation forms etc.
6. Develop and maintain the super user program; Assess and maintain competency of super users; Maintain constant communication with super users
7. Timely responsiveness to end-user requests
8. Functions as an advocate of end-users
9. Uses adult learning principles and methods to deliver training; Maintain paper and online training material so that they are up to date; Support clinical transformation and innovation in relevant operational areas.
10. Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to maintain certification/licensure, and/or keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
11. Attends meetings as required, and participates on committees as directed.
12. Maintains a positive image when dealing with department personnel and other City of Hope employees.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
14. Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.