Plant Quality Manager (closed)
George Konik Associates is now hiring for a Plant Quality Manager at a large, well-known manufacturer of motion control technologies and systems. The Quality Manager will be accountable for the full Quality Management System throughout the plant, ensuring compliance, cost savings and best practices.
- Provide leadership and management for the quality function and sustain the quality philosophy and lean culture for the division at the plant level.
- Establish, maintain and optimize an effective quality management system.
- Implement the division’s quality plan at the plant level to achieve the divisions overall quality objectives.
- Enhance and improve the Division’s products and services through the implementation of ISO 9001, problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques.
- Manage department resources and coordinate the implementation of the quality management system between business units and locations, to cost-effectively facilitate quality and compliance.
- Interact routinely with all functional areas as well as with customers, field sales, regulatory agencies, division/group/corporate management, and suppliers.
- Communicate customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate/division policies.
- Work with the leadership team to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
- Coordinate necessary plant personnel for internal, customer and third party quality system audits.
- Maintain a corrective action system to analyze and correct nonconforming conditions and complaints.
- Implement the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the cost of poor quality. Uses the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts.
- Assess supplier capabilities and monitor supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality, Engineering or related experience.
- Knowledge of International Standard ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QS-9000 as applicable for automotive sector).
- Certification by the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB), or Certified Quality Manager (CQM) is preferred.
- In-depth Knowledge of manufacturing and quality practices.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, and Failure Mode & Effects Analysis).
- Experience conducting and/or supporting internal and external quality audits.
- Experience in a plant environment. (industrial/manufacturing).
- Demonstrated leadership, project management facilitation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of engineering staff.
- Motivated personality with the desire to create positive changes and grow in their career.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
Company provides an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, PTO, 401K, profit sharing and more! Additionally, you are provided excellent opportunity for career advancement.
George Konik Associates, Inc. (GKA) has been a leader in the technical staffing industry for more than 35 years, providing the fastest and easiest link between employees and employers.