Data Analytics and Global Statistical Models Internship, Cambridge MA (closed)
Propel Careers Job # 01-077
Company Overview:Our client creates and applies unique, proprietary software to help executives at Fortune 500 companies make better decisions. To do this their software analyzes trillions of data points from diverse sources to separate cause and effect from coincidence and correlation. Our client has successfully launched market-leading companies in the investment and healthcare sectors led by visionary domain experts and is now expanding into new domains.
Description of Position: Our client is looking for current undergraduate students or recent graduates who have strong analytical and quantitative backgrounds for a summer internship. The individuals hired will focus on finding, merging, and analyzing large complex data sets to help executives predict events that impact critical customer behaviors such as sales, marketing effectiveness, customer retention and other metrics important profitable growth. The individuals hired should have a passion for transformative ideas and an understanding of the power of big data analytics. This individual should have an interest in working in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. This individual will work alongside the founders and most senior management to assist with business activities that are will drive to the growth of the company.
Timing of Internship: This position is initially a 3 month summer internship with the potential to continue part-time into the school year or full time.
- A current undergraduate student or recent graduate pursuing a degree such as psychology, statistics, computer science, mathematics, engineering or similar discipline.
- Background in big data analytics would be a plus
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Experience in one or more of the following industry sectors would be helpful: retail, insurance, hospitality, gaming