Application Support Specialst (closed)
A true problem solver who can take initiative for ticket resolution.
Someone who can communicate up and down- C level to peers
A TRUE problem solver who will make sure issues are tracked, follow up, and resolved.
Someone who will own the issue, whatever it is and do whatever it takes to resolve.
A person who is eager to learn new technologies and grow in their career.
Will consider recent college graduates with a BA in Computer Science
Responsible for providing Level 2 support for all components of the solution stack that include integration, application(s), and database(s). Successful candidates will have strong analytical, technical and communication skills with a strong savvy in customer service.
- Support SoftWare related issues with Windows products, MS office, and other SW applications
- Successfully connect within a high performing team that relies on each member for overall success.
- Collaborate and communicate with team members, all levels of management and internal customers
- Proactive monitoring of incoming incident events that could include self-assignment of event tickets or assignment to resource(s) outside of the support organization
- Ability to logically deduce incident events to identify potential problem area(s) and either resolve or help provide resolution.
- Liaison with business partners and vendors to resolve their IT related issues, problems and requests
- Craft requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely
- Drive, manage and own various small project efforts to ensure that project timelines and objectives are met
- Own, and manage to completion, minor changes to applications and/or infrastructure
- Understand and manage expectations with business entities observing department protocols
- Identify areas of improvement and drive change within current processes and solution offering
- Ability to work under tense situations while managing expectations
- Work with users, when applicable, to identify possible work-arounds to provide immediate resolution in concert while the issue is being researched/worked
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Listening skills, understand what information is said, what is not said and what a team member might be reluctant to say
- Previous experience supporting SoftWare related issues with Windows products, MS office
- Speaking and Writing, effectively to internal customers, team members and management.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering)
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information
- IT Concepts, understanding of IT vernacular, ability to comprehend basic solution architecture, and how basic systems interact with one another
- IT Troubleshooting, moderate ability in systems analysis, troubleshooting, software, permissions
- Dependability and reliability, ability to be consistent in actions and to be a productive member in a team environment.
- Able to work flexible schedule with hard start times.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- University degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Proven quality focus in providing customer driven-products, services and solutions in a high volume business.
- Adaptable, ambitious, and sensitive to cultural diversity while easily establishing credibility with teams globally.
- Ability to successfully participate in complex, virtual, and onsite teams in a matrix environment. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and to lead others in a directed effort to complete projects.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to work with employees and management at all levels of the organization.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Solid understanding of at least one of the core business services
- Fluency in an additional language
- Experience working with a ticketing system (remedy)
- Experience working in support environment
- Global support experience a plus
- Experience with service desk tools (e.g., Remedy)
- A background in Freight Forwarding or Logistics
- Experience with SQL databases