Supervisor, Environmental, Patient Transport & Linen Services (closed)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Crothall delivers facilities management and engineering, asset energy management, housekeeping, laundry and linen, call centre support and patient transportation. Crothall’s client base includes over 800 hospitals across Canada and the U.S.
Postion: Supervisor, Environmental, Patient Transport & Linen Services (Healthcare Housekeeping)
- We are hiring a Supervisor, Environmental, Patient Transport & Linen Services to assist in the operations of multi-tasked service employees at a high-profile, acute healthcare facility for days,and rotating weekend shifts.
- The Supervisor oversees these key areas of operations: Environmental Services, Housekeeping, Linen and Call-Centre
- This role supervises all aspects of staff scheduling which include but not limited to, generating the master schedule, calling in replacement staff as needed, creating daily sign-in sheets, managing time-off requests and managing / updating the electronic payroll system.
- The Supervisor is also responsible for effecting customer service inquiries and client communication
- The EVS Supervisor will successfully coordinate and support all relevant activities of Clinical and Core Housekeepingservices working with all levels of the facility staff to achieve this mandate.
- Maintain the highests level of cleanliness in assigned areas, Quality Assurance, planning and coordinating project work to ensure that proper frequencies are maintained, health & safety
- Participate in staff selection process, interviewing candidates as needed and also will ensure that staff receive proper orientation and ongoing education, monitoring and coaching.
- Great Attitude!
- Previous supervisory experience and working knowledge of all healthcare housekeeping and Environmental Services practices and procedures.
- Strong, results-oriented work ethic with a passion for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Highly organized and ability to prioritize
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff.
- Ability to function appropriate under stressful conditions.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Solid computer proficiency
- OHA training in EVS level I or II
- Experience managing in a labour environement
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!