Systems Analyst (closed)
Established on the principle that “Our People Make the Difference,” LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services in Chicagoland. We actively serve 2,000 clients and have placed over 25,000 candidates since our inception in 1998. For over thirteen years we have collaborated with job-seekers and employers to deliver deserving candidates into distinguished careers. It is our intention to leave a lasting impression on our candidates and clients and provide them with the opportunity to improve their careers and companies.
LaSalle Network is proud to be partnering with a leading electronics retailer in the western suburbs on their hunt for a talented Systems Analyst. What will you be doing, you ask? Great question! This Systems Analyst will be partnering with the business and liaising with development staff on internal applications geared towards the Business Intelligence practice. Sitting under the Data Warehousing group, this Systems Analyst will collaborate on scalable and data driven applications focused on streamlining business processes and improving decision making efficiency. How do you do that? Another great question! This Systems Analyst must understand complex data models, queries and highly transactional environments. Reporting and concepts within the realm of business intelligence need to not only be understood but put into practice on a daily basis.
The responsibilities for the Systems Analyst are as follows:
- Work with executive stakeholders to identify business cases and collaborate with development staff on solutions to integrate with Business Intelligence systems and input data to the Data Warehouse
- Generate technical documentation for internal applications and use repositories for quick access
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on existing applications within the Business Intelligence team
- Support existing applications within the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing technical stacks
- Communicate across lines of business and upwardly with executives about specific initiatives
- Generate custom reports utilizing the Microsoft suite of Business Intelligence tools including SSIS/SSRS
The minimum requirements for the Systems Analyst are:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of professional experience that consists of writing complex SQL queries and using ETL concepts
- 3 years of experience working with SSRS and SSIS building reports and supporting business intelligence initiatives
- Exposure to SAP BI and data warehousing projects is preferred
- Experience creating technical documentation for users, stakeholders and development staff
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design principles
- Experience working with Agile and Waterfall methodologies and the full SDLC
- Exposure to relational databases and Entity Relationship diagrams including Data Warehousing Star Schema
This role is located in the western suburbs and is currently structured as a contract to hire position. If you qualify per the aforementioned minimum requirements and are interested in this position, please apply today.
Robert C. Trzcinski
Senior Project Manager – Technology Services
Keywords: SQL , SSIS , SSRS , BI , Business Intelligence , Star Schema , DW , Data Warehousing , SAP BI , SAP , SDLC , Agile , Waterfall , Object Oriented , T-SQL , Oracle , Big Data , Hadoop , .NET , Microsoft , ETL , Extract , Transform , Load , systems , analyst , retail , electronics
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.