Underwriting Assistant (closed)
Western Life Assurance Company
Western Life Assurance Company
Western Life Assurance Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Financial Group, providing financial protection products across Canada for over 40 years. We partner with others who have a customer relationship in place, including our agency network of over 100 offices. Our product line offers a full suite of Individual Life, Disability and Critical Illness products, Group Health for small employer groups, A&S products designed for niche contexts, and many variations of Creditor Insurance products.
Western Financial Group is built on Guiding Principles that recognize the value of our employees and encourage lifelong learning through education and training opportunities. We’re a company that is dedicated to giving back to the communities we serve... because we live here.
About The Opportunity
We are seeking an Underwriting Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will contribute to achieving the goals of your team by:
- Organizing and maintaining files according to standardized format
- Printing and attaching all required correspondence
- MIB on line searched, reporting codes and details
- Ordering evidence
We are seeking the following experience, skills, and capabilities:
- High energy, a positive attitude, a team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of Excel
- Understanding and adherence to strict confidentiality and privacy of information
- Support at UW at month end as needed
- Work towards ALMI (Associate, Life Management Institute)
Your values will align with the Guiding Principles of Western Financial Group:
- Truthfulness -It is the foundation of our business. We believe that frank, accurate and honest communication is always in everyone's best interest.
- Fairness - We are advocates for our customers and shareholders and the trusted representatives for our suppliers. Our credibility rests on our determination to see that everyone gets what they deserve.
- Value - We believe that nobody owes us a living. Our skills and knowledge must generate meaningful, positive results for all concerned. We will strive to be the best we can be.
- Loyalty - We place our faith in long-term relationships, through thick and thin. We support our communities.
Western Financial Group offers robust compensation and benefits packages including:
- Competitive salaries
- Group health and dental benefits plan 100% paid by Western Financial Group
- Minimum 3 week vacation, personal days and sick days
- Training and development opportunities
- Employer matched RSP program and Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Much more
About Winnipeg, MB
Winnipeg is the capital and largest city of Manitoba, Canada, and is the primary municipality of the Winnipeg Capital Region, with more than half of Manitoba's population. It is located near the longitudinal centre of North America, at the confluence of the Red and Assiniboine Rivers (a point commonly known as The Forks).
The name "Winnipeg" comes from the Cree for "muddy waters". The Winnipeg area was a trading centre for Aboriginal peoples prior to the arrival of Europeans. The first fort was built there in 1738 by French traders. A settlement was later founded by the Selkirk settlers in 1812, the nucleus of which was incorporated as the City of Winnipeg in 1873 with a population of 1,869. Winnipeg is the seventh-largest municipality in Canada, with a population of 663,617 in the Canada 2011 Census.
Winnipeg has a diversified economy, with sectors in finance, manufacturing, food and beverage production, culture, retail and tourism. Winnipeg is a major transportation hub, served by Richardson International Airport. The city has railway connections to the United States and Eastern and Western Canada through three Class I rail carriers.
Winnipeg's cultural organizations include Manitoba Opera, the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra, Manitoba Museum, Winnipeg Art Gallery and Le Cercle Molière. Some of the city's popular festivals are the Festival du Voyageur, the Winnipeg Folk Festival, the Winnipeg Jazz Festival, the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, and Folklorama. Professional sports organizations based in the city include the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, the Winnipeg Jets, and the Winnipeg Goldeyes. Winnipeg's universities include the University of Manitoba and the University of Winnipeg.