Field Service Technician (closed)
TxMQ is currently assisting their client in the search for a qualified Service Technician for their manufacturing facility in Chautauqua County, NY.
- Provide on-site technical support for industrial equipment through preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications and installation support.
- Provide excellent customer service by pro-actively communicating with customers.
- Utilize technology to complete service call reports and other administrative duties as required with the help of support.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and rebuild and refurbish industrial machine electrical equipment.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on various types of equipment.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through pro-active communication, dedication to resolving customer equipment performance issues/problems, and maintaining an effective service schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, colleagues and management. Communicate timely and effectively with customers regarding scheduling preventive maintenance and routine service calls.
- Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management and fellow employees. Utilize customer policies and protocols when entering and exiting customer facilities and abide by all company policies and procedures.
- Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance. At management discretion, provide on-site support to the sales team by identifying opportunities, sizing, and utility requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree preferred in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering/Technology or vocational training, but not required
- 3-5 years on the job experience with industrial equipment, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Welding experience highly desired
- Proficiency in computer and Windows software required.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Available for some travel if/when required for some installs
- 1st shift hours
- Salary will be commensurate with experience in the $30-40k range, plus benefits, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Where you see frustration, we see a solution.