Database Developer (closed)
The Database Developer is responsible for E2KDW and SCS-Customer Repository (internal) applications. The successful candidate will be involved with development, support, and maintenance of both applications. Off-hour application support on a rotating schedule is required.
The candidate must:
- Be able to analyze business processes and related code/scripts.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess teamwork skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure
- Have a professional approach
- Possess a positive attitude
The Candidate must possess the following:
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL query development and execution
- Intermediate level knowledge in creation and execution of shell, Perl & batch scripts
- Basic knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols (e.g. SFTP, HTTP, SSH, RDP)
- General knowledge of all Software Development Lifecycle.
- General knowledge of I*net technologies, firewalls, log monitoring, application vulnerability testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, organizing, decision-making, problem solving, accountability, initiative, analysis and judgment skills to assess and recommend solutions to keep project focused on its objectives
- Database Programmer (Oracle & MS SQL Server)
- UNIX & Perl Shell Scripting
- BI Reporting Tools – Hyperion & SSRS
- Familiarity with ChangeMan and ESP
- Technical Documentation
- All phases of testing and defect tracking.
SQL & PL/SQL – Intermediate
Oracle – Intermediate
Brio/Hyperion – Intermediate
Technical Knowledge of Hardware & Software - Intermediate
IBM DataStage – Preferred, but not required.
The candidate should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience. Work experience= 3-5 years in system analysis and applications programming development.