Director, Analytics (closed)
Director, Customer Modeling and Analytics
Our Client is one of Canada's leading broadband provider. They are highly progressive and are in full growth mode
The Director, Customer Modeling & Analytics, reports to the Vice President, Customer Modeling and Analytics. This position is responsible for the development of the company?s research and data needs, profiling communities, analyzing market data coupled with translating data into actionable information to support key business decisions.
- Lead the development of predictive models and analysis that will form the basis of information-driven strategies executed with respect to marketing promotions, customer service, collections, and other functional areas
- Engage with internal partners to drive competitive advantage for generating sales, traffic, and marketing effectiveness
- Present your analysis and recommendations to senior management.
· Consult with internal clients to help with planning and executing statistical analysis to assist in meeting business objectives.
· Create the appropriate infrastructure of hardware/software tools needed for long term success
- Influence across the business to provide insights that will drive growth and profitability
- Leverage and manage key vendor relationships that enrich the understanding of customer behavior
· Conduct validation and maintenance of all statistical models and recommend appropriate courses of action
§ Full accountability to create and deliver, against a long term strategy, analysis that provides key strategic insights regarding customer behavior and influences business decisions
§ Distill insights from the analytics team to offer business recommendations by identifying meaningful consumer indicators and trends; Lead by example.
§ Support the development and launch of new products and services.
§ Ensure that the analytical team is disciplined and adheres to our quality control procedures.
§ Lead a team of 6-8 analysts
§ Develop and mentor analytic and business team members.
§ University degree in a quantitative/business discipline. i.e. Math, Stats, Economics, etc.
§ Ability to develop proposals and business cases geared toward data warehousing development
§ Strong knowledge of statistics and predictive methods
§ Proven ability to translate business needs into statistically sound solutions
§ Experience in the development of customer segmentation and profiling strategies
§ Strong knowledge of predictive modeling/database software (e.g. SAS ,SPSS,Excel, Access,)
§ Knowledge of strategy development techniques
§ A strategic, creative and analytical mind
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills
§ A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver on key initiatives
§ The intellectual capacity that ensures credibility when dealing with business leaders
§ Excellent people and project management skills
§ Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
§ Ability to work effectively within a cross functional team and through others